Birthdays
You say it's your birthday
It's my birthday too--yeah
They say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you.
Yes we're going to a party party
Yes we're going to a party party
Yes we're going to a party party.
I would like you to dance--Birthday
Take a cha-cha-cha-chance-Birthday
I would like you to dance--Birthday
Dance
You say it's your birthday
Well it's my birthday too--yeah
You say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you.
P McCartney & J Lennon
Yep, today is my birthday. Won't say how old I am, I've stopped counting. I've thought about not celebrating, but guess I'm too selfish. Like to think that at least one day of the year is for ME,ME,ME!
Woke up to a completely empty house. Daughter is on her way home from Bonnaroo. Son is visiting a friend at S University. DH is away at work. So, I let the dog out, showered, dressed, came into work and found an email wishing me HB. I'd honestly forgotten! I know most people wouldn't believe that, but I did. Only problem is my office has a custom that you're supposed to bring in donuts on your birthday. I guess they'll get them tomorrow! Just need to be sure to remember!
Got a card over the weekend, and my DH emailed me that we're going to dinner and theatre on Friday night. That's really ALL I need. If anyone gives me a cake, I'll just eat too much. And I really don't want to "party" on a week night. Kids will both be home tonight, so I'm sure they'll have something for me. Otherwise, I kinda' like the gift of having the house to myself last night and this morning.
Just want to add one thing. I was always so pleased that I was born on Father's Day. Thanks to me, my dad became a Father on Father's Day and every 6 years or so, we had a double celebration. I was happy to share and will miss doing so when it happens again in 2008.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home