TGIF
If this was a short week, why did it seem so long? I spent all day Tuesday and until late Wednesday preparing for yesterday. Yesterday, had a breakfast meeting and had to leave my house at 6:00 am to get there. It went very smoothly and I got positive comments re: my presentation. Then had back-to-back meetings until 3. Had a voice mail message when I got back from my DH, he was home and in pain. A LOT of pain. Turned out that Wed night he cracked a tooth and when he got up yesterday his jaw was swollen and he was in agony. He called the Dr. and they got him in at 1:30 and sent him to the oral surgeon at 5. He’s maxed out his insurance for the year so he needed me to come to the oral surgeon’s to pay his bill. Can you believe they wouldn’t let him go back today to pay?
Anyway, I left shortly after 5 and headed to the Dr., instead of staying late to prepare for a presentation I had to make today. My hubby was supposed to be out of town, my son working so I was just going to stay until I finished it. (I was asked to fill in for someone at the last minute so I was NOT prepared). Came in this morning and managed to prepare something, thinking it was for a small “informal” group. Got there to find that there were OVER 50 people, including state officials. I did fine, but I would have prepared a power point or some colorful handouts if I’d known. Just got back to the office and now need to decompress.
I have an EVEN BUSIER week ahead and everything I was planning to accomplish today is not done. I have several standing meetings that aren’t going to require much more than attendance, but they do take time and I’m working on two very big projects that must be completed before the end of this month AND I have to get some information/data to GIS before Wednesday. I’m really really trying to do that but…and I do NOT want to come in tomorrow. I will be staying late tonigh. The President, as in THE PRESIDENT OF THE US, is in town and they have closed off all the roads. No sense in trying to leave until 6:00. His campaign bus is supposed to go right by this building. Do you see me running out to wave? But that’s another blog.
So what am I doing? Blogging? Guess I should go back to work.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home