Name:
Location: Pennsylvania

Creating a website & blog are two ways I'm coping with middle-age and a rapidly emptying nest.

Monday, July 12, 2004

Monday, Monday...

can't trust that day
Monday, Monday, it just turns out that way
Oh Monday, Monday, won't go away
Monday, Monday, it's here to stay

Well, it’s 4:00 on Monday afternoon and I’d say maybe, just maybe, I got half of what I wanted accomplished at work today. Too much of it is dependent on other people who haven’t given me what I need. Also, I got whacked in the face when two people I was counting on to make presentations at this training meeting can’t do it so now I have to try to find replacements and I just don’t know who else to ask!

I’m also quite tired. I posted that my DH came home last week in considerable pain from an abscessed tooth. He went to the oral surgeon on Thursday but they couldn’t do anything because there was too much infection, so gave him some antibiotics and paid meds and an appt for tomorrow. DH was in so much pain he was up all night Thu. and just laid around all day Fri & Sat. with the heating pad on his swollen jaw. By Sat afternoon/evening he was feeling almost human again, but his sleep clock is all screwed up. His inability to sleep means he’s keeping me up. AND I couldn’t lay around all day today! I am totally whipped.

DH goes back to the Dr.tomorrow and hopefully they can fix it, but he’s been pretty miserable for several days. Of course, it will hurt after the root canal, but I doubt as much as it has! I really feel badly for him. He's the type that if he’s complaining I know it’s bad, but his messed up schedule is messing up mine! I need a decent night's sleep!!!

Almost forgot to share what an absolutely wonderful surprise I had this weekend! I was busy with my normal weekend chores when Buster started his warning bark that someone has pulled into the driveway. I peeked out and saw a car with NY tags. Can you imagine my shock when Trixie and Brian Belden got out of the compact car???? I immediately welcomed them in and offered coffee and pastries. Was I ever glad that I had been to Market that morning and had some wonderful and fresh PA Dutch sweets to share!

We talked and laughed for the rest of the morning and well into the afternoon. My DH joined us for a while, but he was feeling pretty poorly from an abscessed tooth and left the entertaining to me. Brian actually checked his meds and concurred with what his doctor had prescribed. He left his cell number if we needed him though. Yes ladies, I have Brian Belden’s cell phone number!

I was able to track down Holmes Morton and arrange for a time for Brian to visit him before he returns to school this fall. Trixie wasn’t sure if she could come back with him but he said he MIGHT bring Dan along. I can only hope. Two dark, handsome Bob-Whites in my home at the same time?!

To clarify, Holmes and his wife, Caroline, are neighbors who operate the Clinic for Special Children. This non-profit medical practice was created originally to treat local Amish and Mennonite children with genetic defects, but now treats children from around the world. The Mortons and their work are quite remarkable. Brian had heard about the clinic and when we said we know the Mortons, well he was too polite to ask, but it was obvious he wanted to meet them, so we called. Being Saturday, the clinic was closed and Holmes was enjoying a day with his wife and daughters, but he did arrange for a time for Brian to visit the clinic when it’s open and see a bit of what they do.

There are always medical students from Penn State and Johns Hopkins volunteering at the clinic, perhaps one day Brian will too!

Anyway, I was quite thrilled to visit with Brian and Trixie and hated to see them go. They did promise to return for a REAL visit to Lancaster soon. When they left, I sent them towards Maryland with a bag of Washington Boro tomatoes and a route using back roads where I am certain they encountered many buggies AND drove past the farmhouse where “Witness” was filmed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home