Name:
Location: Pennsylvania

Creating a website & blog are two ways I'm coping with middle-age and a rapidly emptying nest.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Type A?

Two things I found on other blogs. First, one of those silly quizes, but, just like being a nerd or not, I've wondered how close to a Type A personality I come. According to this quiz, I not only come close but AM a Type A. While I'll admit without shame that I have been in the past, I've thought I've mellowed quite a bit with age.. and I've always valued my family before work, but apparently:

You Have A Type A Personality
A

You are hyper, energetic, and always on the moodYou tend to succeed at everything you attemptAnd if you don't succeed at first, you quickly climb your way to the top!
You could be called a workaholic, but you also make time for funAs long as it's high energy and competitive, you're interestedYou have the perfect personality for business and atheltic success

Do You Have a Type A Personality?
The second is some fun with names, etc. Of course, if anyone tried enough they might figure out more about me than I want floating around on the web but...
1. YOUR PORN STAR NAME (Name of first pet/First street you lived on):
Tweety Westmoreland

2. YOUR MOVIE STAR NAME (Name of your favorite snack food/Grandfather’s first name):
Chips Harry or Chips Ira :(
3. YOUR FASHION DESIGNER NAME (First word you see on your left/Favorite restaurant): Ephrata Anthony
4. EXOTIC FOREIGNER ALIAS (Favorite Spice/Last Foreign Vacation Spot):
Soy Nassau
5. SOCIALITE ALIAS (Silliest Childhood Nickname/Town Where You First Partied):
Bugs Fredericksburg
6. "FLY Girl" ALIAS (a la J. Lo) (First Initial/First Two or Three Letters of your Last Name):
P. Kay
7. ICON ALIAS (Something Sweet Within Sight/Any Liquid in Your Kitchen):
Creamer Juice
8. DETECTIVE ALIAS (Favorite Baby Animal/Where You Went to High School):
Puppy Fairfax
9. BARFLY ALIAS (Last Snack Food You Ate/Your Favorite Alcoholic Drink):
Pretzel Marguerita
10. SOAP OPERA ALIAS (Middle Name/Street Where You Live):
Ann Millport.
11. ROCK STAR ALIAS (Favorite Candy/Last Name Of Favorite Musician):
Reeses King

Such are games. Great stress release in a very stressful office. Things have quieted down SIGNIFICANTLY since Jan 1, but nothing has changed. Just quieter. I've been overwhelmed with a couple activities but at least I haven't had late evenings that resulted in 15+ hour days. My comp time balance is down to less than 50 hours, but we're not allowed to carry more than 40. Each time I decide to take time, I get a new assignment or whatever and have to change plans. Had evening meetings EVERY night this week. Never intended to go to the Tuesday meeting but the three would be enough. Then my car wouldn't start in the single digit cold on Monday. I had planned to put it in the shop on Wed for a new battery (or at least that was my son's day off and he was going to do it for me). Between his school and work schedule I was lucky to get into work on Monday so I told him not to worry about it until Wed. He had class on Monday night so I got out of THAT meeting. So with only TWO evening meetings this week, I had a manageable schedule. Of course, my weekend is filling up with obligations and next week is full but...for now I have at least a few minutes to loaf.

Son continues to work full-time AND go to school. He was taking 4 classes while working 35-40 hours per week but cut back to 3 classes this semester. He decided to take 2 classes during the summer. He'll finish up at the same time and can handle 3 alot easier than 4. He continues to exert the absolute minimum effort possible in school, but I guess I'll just have to accept that. There aren't too many young men who want to finish school with NO DEBT and guaranteed employment AND he remains one of the kindest most "honorable" people I've ever known.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home