I know, I know
It’s been a while since I posted anything . I haven’t had much to actually write about although a couple noteworthy dates have passed.
My dh celebrated his birthday. I actually surprised him with a copy of the book his grandfather wrote. As I expected, he was quite pleased with it although I wouldn’t say he was excited. He didn’t want to go out for dinner so I fixed some of his favorite foods and we ate “in”…just him, the kids and my brother.
The same week the local state U celebrated its 150th anniversary and I mentioned to him that it would be nice to donate something of his grandfather’s to the school. About 100 years ago, his grandfather and great-uncle graduated from that school. They both went on the become successful and fairly well-known in their chosen fields. I doubt anyone at the school today would know anything about either of them. I know more about his grandfather, but have been told repeatedly that the brother was far more “successful” or “wealthy” or famous. They both had countless patents issued to them, etc. My dh’s grandfather was considered a “pioneer” in weather forecasting and received a doctorate from Columbia U. His brother was in railroading and is responsible for some invention that “revolutionized” rail travel/freight carrying or something.
Had another crazy week at work last week and I managed to accomplish everything I had to do while fighting a terrible bug and running a fever. Finally lost the fight on Friday and spent all day in bed. Saturday I managed to move out to a chair and stare at the tv all day….have no idea what I was watching. I had hoped that I would feel human again by Sunday, but woke up with a fever again. Finally by Sunday evening I was okay. Worked all day yesterday, fine, but was totally exhausted by the time I got home. I didn’t take my temp. this morning but felt like I might have a fever when I got up this morning. It seems to be okay now. I HAVE to kick this thing today. I can get away with doing the minimum at the office today, but I have two very long days, tomorrow and Thursday, and an important meeting on Friday. I HAVE to be 100% for the rest of the week.
Such is life.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home