I Did It! Part II
Yesterday, my website went live and Cathy announced my membership into Jiximetri. Can’t believe how much I worried and fretted about it. I’m still concerned that I’ll start posting the chapters of Beatrix that I’ve completed and something might happen and I never finish it. Again. But I think there’s enough done now to at least complete Beatrix. So many people have mentioned at Zaps that they’d like it to be finished, I’ll make some enemies (or at least they'd think I'm a real ditz) if I start it and not finish it a second time. And although it was never never my intent, Chapter 10 had an ending of sorts. The mystery certainly wasn’t solved and the story clearly was not complete, but Dan’s thoughts brought a bit of closure to one part of the story, at least. Good place for a short break, but not three years. So now, I have two priorities in my life, make that three: 1) Housing Plan Housing Plan Housing Plan 2) Finish Beatrix 3) Close all the unfinished business related to my parents “estate”.
Beatrix WILL be completed but Madeleine will be a real challenge. I need to gain access to a series or newspaper articles from several years ago. I’ve checked the website for that paper and can’t find them. Their archives don’t go back far enough. I may need to take an afternoon off work and go to the paper office and physically access them on microfilm or however they are kept. Knowing this town, they may NOT be kept. If I can get those articles, 90% or more of my research will be done, since my idea for the mystery is inspired by that real story. Enough said. To anyone reading this: That’s all I’m going to post here or anywhere until Madeleine is completed and posted.
Anyway, it’s all live. My website/home page, all my short stories to date and A Bob White Trilogy are now floating around in cyber space.
I did it!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home