Name:
Location: Pennsylvania

Creating a website & blog are two ways I'm coping with middle-age and a rapidly emptying nest.

Thursday, July 29, 2004

I Survived!

I survived the past two weeks.  I knew I would and that yesterday’s trip would turn out okay, but getting here…well that’s a story I’m just too tired to write.   I’ll just say that despite all the frustrations and aggravations, the trip went very well.   We left lunch 15 minutes late which put us late to all our afternoon stops but my time estimates were pretty darn accurate.   And in directing the bus driver I only missed one turn.  One of maybe 100?!    Of course I expect to hear about that AND the fact that allowing 1 hour for lunch wasn’t enough.  We’ll just have to see. 

All this proved was that I need to somehow tell my boss that if she would just leave me alone to do my job I’d get things accomplished in half the time and one third the effort.  I can’t do a job when I know that every decision I make will be changed.   The end product yesterday was 90-95% what I originally outlined, but I had to go through multiple stages to PROVE what I already knew.   No, I'm not saying that I could do it without help from her and other people, but I had a plan, but I couldn't use it because at least 2-3 times a day I was asked when I was going to do something.  When I said today I'm doing such-and-such and tomorrow I'm meeting with so-and-so, I had to contact so-and-so that very minute.  It seems if she doesn’t know someone or something, then I obviously can’t.  Yet I’ve been working here 5 years longer than she AND I can add to that the contacts my husband and now my daughter are making, but...   

Oh well, such is life.  I just need to figure out a way to get these things off my chest without making things worse AND figuring out a way to do my job.  

 
Right now, I’m just exhausted.  I can’t think of anything else except how to get through the day and home to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home